


Penny and I had a rather uneventful but long flight in to Amsterdam. I watched 3 movies and listened to music. We were met in the airport by Penny's friends Jack and Hettie. We are staying with them in their condo- in a small village about an hour outside Amsterdam called Bennekom. The houses are amazing here- very cute and quaint. The drive to the village was interesting- apparently no one uses turn signals in Holland- they just must be an accessory on the car- sort of like a person's appendix -not really necessary! We saw a couple windmills and lots of sheep on the drive. Holland from what I can see is very flat and green. I even saw a house with a thatched roof! I will put up some pictures tomorrow of the village where we are. We will be here for about 5 days or so. Then we will depart for Paris on the train. When we arrived- I took about a 5 hour nap! It was wonderful!!! Everyone dresses so well here- I feel like quite the "american" walking around in my dark jeans- all the girls here have these spendid boots with heals and are all wearing black- either pants- or skirts! Well I am watching a bit of a football game "soccer" because Jack and Hetti's son in law is the assistant coach for the Dutch men's team. Then I am off to bed!
Here is a picture I got off the web- of a church that I see outside my window where I am staying. I will post pictures in the next couple of days- Everything is brick here!
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/5134073.jpg
Here is a picture I got off the web- of a church that I see outside my window where I am staying. I will post pictures in the next couple of days- Everything is brick here!
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/5134073.jpg
No comments:
Post a Comment