Friday, March 13, 2009

Roma!











































































This is Penny! It seems like we've been in Rome forever, not just 2 days. The day started beautifully clear and cool. The hotel breakfast buffet was more than adequet-cereals, fruit, a collation of Italian deli meats, ham, sausages, bacon, eggs (boiled & scramble), toast, breadrolls and of course, the sweets --6 kinds of cakes & pastries. Carolyn missed it catching up on sleep from a strenuous day before.



The tribe gathered to venture on "l'autobus". This time it was easy (after going to work hours). We knew on which side of the street to be and where to validate the tickets. We recognized streets and stores AND I'm beginning to understand complete sentences in Italian ( when I listen to surrounding conversations). .The upshot of all this is Caro and I were at the Coliseum . First I made Caro get the required tourist photoshots with the really cute Italian guy in the short skirt and armour. Then we stood in line for tickets and were asked for information re: il colossia from the Texas couple in front of us. The colossia was awesome and we took a zillion pics. On the way out we availed ourselves of the ladies/gents loo where I left my sack of souvenirs on a hook while trying to keep my skirt out of the facility. A nice Scottish lady retrieved the gift sack for me.

On the way to our bus Caro was accosted by another Roman gladiator asking if she wanted her picture taken and he broke out in an Italian love song. She didn't know what he was singing , so I translated. These fellows are really cute AND charming. I enjoy walking behind Carolyn and watching the action around her (she 's oblivious to it). I had a great dinner with Jack and Hetty- a delightful 2 hours of eating! Caro was working on a job application at the internet center in the hotel so she could use the printer and had snacked earlier so she skipped eating with us. Tomorrow we head off to Furore on the Amalfi Coast - south of Rome- the drive should take approximately 5 hour or so.

2 comments:

  1. I love your entries!!! I want to go back to Rome!

    Andrea Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am an italian food fanatique! Oh well, I can get that here, but I'm sure its better there.

    ReplyDelete