







Today was rather uneventful. It started out with Penny and I taking a tour to Versailles. It was interesting- did I mention traffic in Paris is horrible- Penny said worse than New York. We toured the palace- which was impressive to say the least- the gardens were huge- Although I am not a fan of French gardens- they are much too put together for my tastes! I like more spontaneous wild growth type gardens- not so tailored. But I could appreciate the landscaped art just the same! After Versailles- we went to lunch and relaxed for a bit. After that we marched over to the Louvre- which was amazing! It is so huge- and after I figured out how to read the map- was actually manageable. We saw the Mona Lisa and some Rembrandt, Monet. We saw some amazing marble statutes and some Mesopotamian and Babylonian artifacts!!! Penny just commented that she was surprised that we never found dead bodies in the hallways of people who had gotten lost and didn't make it out of the museum!!! There are no water fountains! After an amazing trek through the museum we met up with Jack and Hettie and walked to a wonderful little restaurant and had a bite to eat. Then going home we decided to get a taxi so we could rest our aching bodies! The taxi ride was something I will never forget! Penny had to go up the Champs Elysees- which is the main street which ends in the L' Arc de Triomphe- there is a roundabout with no lines- and has 5 streets going off of it - it was rush hour and was an experience. The poor driver kept asking us if he could return us to our hotel- poor man- he didn't know what he was in for when he let us in the cab! He didn't want to be there- we tipped him heavily for his wonderful driving skill (and it was amazing!) and then finally returned to our last night in our little hotel! I must mention- that Paris comes alive at night- It is the MOST beautiful city I have ever been in at night- it is truly spectacular. Tomorrow we are up at 5:30 and leaving here at 6 for Rome. We journey on to new adventures and places to see!
Congrats! Love seeing the pictures and reading the blog. Jonathan
ReplyDelete